File Extension BUP

Mar 2011
I’ve seen some files with extension .bup in my computer. What are these things, I don’t know what program to open so can I remove them?

Mar 2011
The File extension BUP are just actually back up files in your computer. They can be created from a variety of applications such as Microsoft word. But you shouldn’t normally have them, because they are just usually a product of files being corrupted due to a program crash. Instead of removing it, you can use tools to fix file extension bup. Who knows, they could be a backup of files that are important to you?

Dec 2007
All these backup files are very annoying ... sometimes they are created automatically on my computer and clutter my working folders - I have to delete them manually. Not sure which option in Windows 7 is responsible for these automatic backups.

Mar 2011
soulreaper24 said:
The File extension BUP are just actually back up files in your computer. They can be created from a variety of applications such as Microsoft word. But you shouldn’t normally have them, because they are just usually a product of files being corrupted due to a program crash. Instead of removing it, you can use tools to fix file extension bup. Who knows, they could be a backup of files that are important to you?
I hope that one helped.

G

Thanks for the help. This is great information.