openoffice is good yes?

Sep 2010
i use ms office but lost key so i go to openoffice good rite

Jul 2010
Better than Microsoft Office in my opinion. If anything because it can create/open the Microsoft Office documents and it is free. Plus, though I might be used to the new ribbon format, I still don't like it.

Dec 2007
Make sure there won't be any compatibility issues when you read your files in Microsoft Office later ... I used OpenOffice in the past and really that's about the same as Microsoft Office, except that OpenOffice is free.

Jul 2010
Make sure there won't be any compatibility issues when you read your files in Microsoft Office later ... I used OpenOffice in the past and really that's about the same as Microsoft Office, except that OpenOffice is free.
Good habit that I form is if there is a file I am writing which I will send to someone else, make sure to save it as a Microsoft Word 2003-2005 document. If it is a document which I am using for my own purposes or am printing out to hand to someone, I'll leave it the default open document format.

Sep 2010
Definitely, It is as good as Microsoft office and its a free source. I can say that Open Office is the undisputed king of open source office software

Dec 2007
I believe that OpenOffice is currently undergoing some changes (it used to be owned by ... hmm Sun microsystems, if I remember well) and is now becoming independent. I think at one point they lost their corporate website and asked them back from Sun Microsystems (oh ok, now the product is called libreoffice productivity suite). More information at this url.