What language(s) do you prefer to program in?

Dec 2007
I thought it might be interesting to see who like to program in what. Personally, I do almost all of my programming in Java, although I do have some knowledge of C++. (I can also program in GWBASIC. :lol: :roll: ) I have some basic knowledge of HTML as well, but nothing fancy.

Dec 2007
There's actually already a topic on this, posted here

I prefer Scheme, although I have a much more complete understanding of Java. This winter will hopefully change that.

Dec 2007
C or C++, C#, sometimes perl or Forth. Most days I prefer Java to GWBASIC, some days I prefer GWBASIC to Java. Of course switch that to MS QBasic and it's a lot closer.

Dec 2007
GWBASIC pseudo code for Dummies:

While(true)
{
104 do this
105 do that
106 do this
107 do that
Oh dear, I forgot to tell it to do 'the other thing' back on line 34. :lol:
*Shifts line numbers*
}

Dec 2007
Silly, that's why you're supposed to number lines with multiples of 10 in GW-BASIC. That way you can add lines later without renumbering.

:?

Kind of makes me feel old... though admittedly GW-BASIC was my second programming language, learned around the age of 9.

Dec 2007
Yes, I know, I always numbered mine in multiples of 10 too. I have programmed quite a bit in GW-BASIC, and actually created some pretty good graphics, too.

Dec 2007
Any thoughts on HTML 4.01 vs. XHTML 1 vs. XHTML 2 vs. HTML 5?

May 2008
I haven't had much experience with XHTML 2.0, but XHTML 1.0 all the way <3

Dec 2007
I'm a 4.01 man myself. XHTML isn't even parsed as XML, so I never understood the point. I must admit, though, that XHTML 2 looks a lot more interesting than HTML 5.0.