Which OS is batter for internet use?

G

I am using Win XP. I also have installed an anti-virus called AVG (free version). I think Linux provides more security and advance features.

Dec 2007
Linux is definitely more secure and provides more flexibility, it is also better if you are a developer, but you won't be up and running in Linux without a minimum of time learning how to use Linux (the good point is that once you start using Linux, you realize it provides gains in efficiency -e.g. cron tasks). The best option for someone already running Windows would be a dual boot solution (both operating systems are installed on your computer and you decide which one to use at the moment you start your computer).

Sep 2010
Linux is good because of its security protection, but I still prefer to use windows. I've been using this OS for a couple of years and so far I haven't encountered a major problem with it.

Feb 2011
julien said:
Linux is definitely more secure and provides more flexibility, it is also better if you are a developer, but you won't be up and running in Linux without a minimum of time learning how to use Linux (the good point is that once you start using Linux, you realize it provides gains in efficiency -e.g. cron tasks). The best option for someone already running Windows would be a dual boot solution (both operating systems are installed on your computer and you decide which one to use at the moment you start your computer).
I agree with you ,linux is the one of the best OS by means of security

Feb 2011
Linux is perfect because it can handle large number of users,making it an excellent choice for networking and workstations.

Dec 2007
Amusingly, I watched "The Social Network" yesterday and couldn't help but notice that Marck Zuckerberg was working on a Linux platform in the movie ...

G

Secure browsing is the prime requirement for all the internet users, and Linux is good as a secure OS for the users.

Dec 2007
And if you boot Linux from a flash drive (or USB key) you won't even leave any private information on your computer.
You might also be interested in the TOR network (onion distribution) which allows you to encrypt and anonymize your connection (via P2P relays).

Jul 2011
Linux are good and 99% secure to viruses and it can handle a huge number of user.

Sep 2010
I think Windows XP is still the best for Internet use, it is more safe for me.